Thursday, November 17, 2011

Budding

This is how I discovered my interest in writing..

My father is a lover of classical Hindi songs. He often listens them on TV or on his mobile. This led me too to hear those songs. When I was small I used to enjoy the tune. 
Only lately I started to follow the lyrics. Some songs said "The flame says the boy - don't fall in love or you shall burn like me" (from the song 'pyar diwana hota hai' by Kishor Kumar; the original lines - samaa kahe parwane ko tu pare chala jaa meri tarah jal jayega tu yahan nahi aa) and there were others like "When there is a growing fire, rain calms it down; but when the rain itself sets the fire, who would control it" (from the song 'Chingari koi bhadke' also by Kishore Kumar; the original lines - chingaari koi bhadke, to saawan use bujhaye, saawan jo agan lagaaye, use kaun bujhaye?) I found great fascination to things like the flame speaking to a lover or the rain setting up fire. This inspired me to create something out of my mind. To write my feelings and imagination... here..
(worry not friends, these posts are not out of a broken heart... rather just a pastime :)

No comments:

Post a Comment