Saturday, November 19, 2011

Cloudland - my first flight

Some are like bits of cotton scattered here and there, some like melting ice creams, some still bold, like explosions in the sea.... Small clouds in between few large clouds remind me of war time, many soldiers marching on foot and few on elephants.

Below I could see large pieces of clouds with blue-green gaps between them. Seemed like the South Pole, the liquid water seen between the floating icebergs. The clouds at varied heights were like large and small icebergs sailing in the cold sea water. At a farther distance, there was a back cloud with some orange sunlight seeping through it which resembled a colony of penguins with the golden-orange King penguin in between.

Next moment, I was passing over a place covered by thick spider web like it were unvisited for hundreds of years. After some thought I collected that it was actually the distribution of river system in the Bengali Plains. The white colour reflected from the rivers some broad some narrow and all of different lengths gave an appearance of an old spider-net.  

When we were at a lesser height, the sunlight passing through the layer of clouds made light and dark patches on the ground. The lit areas were like being watched from the heaven above. The sharp boundaries of the lighted areas outlined a star-shaped window above my head. And the sunlight that spread upon my forehead gave me a magical experience - like I had achieved moksha.

When I again recaptured my senses, I could see a continuous bed of clouds, felt like a lawn where it was snowing for long. At some places the clouds rose above their level like a bush in the lawn. Sunlight fell on the lawn through a maple leaf shaped window. This is the cloud land - there are plane ice skating pools and large valleys, trees, so beautiful... but still uninhabited. If I were a bird I would make my home on that plot of land in front of the large bush.

When at greatest height, blue sky above, white clouds and blue green ground below but the horizon in the clouds always appeared so colourful - red, orange, golden tempting me to fly that far to reach the paradise. I was trying to reach nearer to it, but maybe it was travelling at the same velocity away from me. At last, I felt like I was reaching nearer to it, a moment of great achievement. But then, I realized the increasing gravity; I was heading back to the world I came from... 

No comments:

Post a Comment